don´t know what I did to deserve this but the blessings are pouring in here. And I´m talking Noah-type pouring.
Saturday the Medina children got baptized. All four of them. Those are the kids that caught Coco. Absolutely amazing. They are very shy kids and usually pretty nervous but after the baptism they were so calm and so open. It was AWESOME. They all got confirmed yesterday. I´m definitely doing better with doing the blessings in Spanish. I get a lot of practice.
Yesterday we only had about 65 Aguilars at church. ONLY. That all but doubles Sacrament meeting. I absolutely love them. We try to have a Family Home Evening with them every week and this week the Grandpa gave the lesson. This is a first for him as far as I know. It was very tender, very heartfelt. One very big perk is that the Grandma makes AWESOME tortillas. Tortillas here look different then the ones we´re used to but they taste the same. They look like a pancake because they´re a whole lot thicker and they´re usually eaten by themselves. And yes the bishop is very happy with the whole situation of the Aguilars.
The thing that finishes the rest of the doubling is the families that fall into our laps. The other day we stop by the church to talk with a few of the leaders because there was a soccer tournament. A woman comes up to us that was there with some friends and tells us that she is not a member and that she came to our church years ago. Her friends had told her about the baptism for Saturday and she wanted to know if she could come. YES YES YES YES. She came to church Sunday with her family and afterwords we went to their house to teach them. SWEET!
On Friday our zone went through the temple. It was amazing. One thing that was crazy was that I could understand almost everything. President and Sister Bradley were with us. I had an experience that was kinda like Mama´s. When I got to the veil I thought I recognized the voice and I knew I recognized the hand. It was President Bradley that pulled me through and it´s amazing how much of a comfort that was.
I love being with Elder Barate. We work so well together. And he is REALLY helping my Spanish. And I think I´m helping his English. We take pretty good care of each other.
The whole Superbowl thing sounds awesome.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment