Monday, March 9, 2009

Email 03/09/09

I finally got Brighton´s card, really cute. Interesting note, last Tuesday we had gotten home from zone meeting and King and Perez and I wanted to look and the shirts, we hadn´t opened the zip lock yet. I pull and the dunes shirt and shake it out and I was VERY pleasantly surprised but what fell out. Thank you so much for those too, the chips and the adapter.
Please thank Brother Carr for the letter, I loved it.lease let me know about what happened at Agua Fria. I so hope Mr. Runyon and Ms. Miller are ok.
I am very jealous about Paris. It sounds so awesome. I love the pictures.
Things are really good here in Ca´a Guazú. Picture this. I live in Eagar. Quite frankly it feels a lot like it. We walk about 20 minutes out of the city, cross a canal and we´re in our area. There are two little towns in our area, Ciudad Nueva and Constitución. Ciudad Nueva is like St. Johns and Constitución quite frankly is like Goncho (I think that´s what it´s called, the little city outside of St. Johns). It´s about a 30-40 minute walk from Cuidad Nueva and of course we work in both cities. There is a little group of shacks in between but not much else. I guess you could call the area a jungle but quite frankly it just feels like a very green desert. Except for the type of vegetation, it feels like the White Mountains.
I really can understand the Guaraní. Speaking it is a WHOLE different ball game though. In most of the lessons I feel like the Amazing Yen from Ocean´s 11. Everyone here talks almost complete Guaraní and I respond in Spanish. It´s pretty funny that we can understand eachother.
King and Castro work here in town. We do lunch with them sometimes, more like we all cook our own stuff then eat it together. Our area because of the distance, the amount of members and the amount of money we have a lunch appointment on Saturdays and that´s it. There isn´t a problem, we still eat just fine.
Perez is a really cool guy. He´s pretty relaxed but we work. A LOT. We laugh a lot and I think we really enjoy each other.
The work here is definitely a lot different than in Republicano. EVERYONE lets you into their house but no one progresses. We had been visiting all week with this woman, Susana. We had a few good lessons but then she told us that she didn´t believe in the Book of Mormon and could not, and told us to not come by again. There is a HUGE Catholic Church here in town. It´s the size of St. Paul´s Cathredral. Most people here wouldn´t leave their front porch and escpecially the TV even if you were waving a hundred dollar bill but everyone and their dog (And that is meant literally by the way) comes from all over the place to come to the Catholic Church at 8 in the morning. It´s hard but we´re not dead yet. There´s this one woman, her name´s Raquel. We gave her a pamphlet and she read the whole thing and told us about what she read. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she started to devour it. We came the next time and asked if she had any questions about it. She said she was a little confused and Perez and I got a little worried (we had just left that lesson with Susana). She was reading in 1st Nephi and she thought Laban and Laman were the same person. So that was her only problem. Whew. I asked her if she prayed and asked about the book and she said yes. I asked how she felt when she prayed and she said "It was like what happened with Joseph Smith exept I didn´t see a light, I just felt a light. It filled me completely and I felt happier than I´ve ever felt. I know it´s true. So...what does this mean? If I know it´s true it means I´ve got to do something, like what you two taught about faith. So what do I have to do?" "Will you be baptized at the end of the month?" "Yes." I´m king of the World!!!!!!!!! I´m not out of hope yet.
Thank you all for your prayers. I can feel them because I do nothing here. All I do is walk, clap houses and try to understand Guaraní. The Lord does everything else. I love seeing these miracles everyday.
Thank you for everything. I love you so much.
Elder Frank Wills

No comments: