Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Email 03/23/09

This week was a bit on the crazy side. We´ve been working really hard for a couple of weeks in Ciudad Nueva, the close city. We found a whole lot of investigators but this week all of them including the gift of toungues family dropped us, told us not to come back.. Not fun. But the sun´s still shining. There wasn´t a meeting in Constitución this week so we thought none of our investigators would come to church in Ciudad Nueva. But Raquel and her little sister, a woman named Teresa and her daughter Viviana and the parents of a teenager that was baptized before I got here. It was really cool actually. Things should go smooth but our problem will be marriage. The boyfriends are against the church and people can´t be baptized with live in boyfriends/girlfriends.

The buffet thing here is pretty good food. Most of the time I can´t tell you what it is, nor do I really want to but it tastes good.

For cooking, most things are pretty easy to find but all of the prepared things I was spoiled with, cream of chicken soup, don´t exist so we´ve gotten creative. We´ve gotten really good at making a kind of buffalo wing sauce. It´s not quite right but it´s better than I´ve had here, partly because it doesn´t exist.

Luis is still doing strong. Fyi Perez baptized him and I confirmed him. It´s usually the investigators choice.

Thank you so much for everything. I love you all so much.

Elder Frank Wills

No comments: