Thank you so much for the information about the new Pres. I hadn´t heard ANYTHING about him at all. That´s more than I knew. The replacement will happen the last Wednesday in June.
Thank you so much for Brother Carr´s letter. And the cake looked AWESOME. I replaced the shirts just fine. They were ten dollars a piece so it wasn´t bad.
As tradition we took pictures as a zone after the news. Something to know about chappels here, most just have folding chairs but the really nice ones have pews. The thing about the pews is that they are not bolted down. I put the timer on my camera to take several pictures. We take the first one, all´s good. For the second Castro and Changoluisa were playing with the pews. Right as the third picture was taken, they tipped over the pew. I don´t know how it happened exactly but as you can see by my face that the pew landed on my leg. I heard a pop and it felt like my leg was on fire. I thought they had broken my leg. We kinda panicked a bit but then Wall thought it´d be a good idea to give me a blessing. So he and King gave me a priesthood blessing. I got up right afterwards. It still hurt to walk but the fire went away. In about a half hour my leg went back to normal size. It was absolutely amazing.
One thing that has been absolutely awesome this week has been Margdelena and her family. Her three sons and a niece and a nephew will all be baptized on the 20th of June. They are so wonderful. The niece, Liz, is amazing. She´s already praying on her own she eats up anything we leave for them to read. These kids definitely brightened up my week and gave me a good reason to fight to the end.
Speaking of dad´s cake I´ve gotten actually quite famous for baking here. I´ve used that recipe book I stole from home and it has made things really fun. It has made it REALLY easy to get references with people. We´ll schedule a Family Home Evening with a family and the first thing they ask is if I´ll make a dessert for them. I always say if they can bring a friend that would be interested in hearing us I would. We have Family Home Evening six nights a week now. Everyone helps us so much in finding investigators now. We almost never have to clap houses anymore. And the best part is that the Landlady thinks it´s so awesome that I can bake is that she keeps us in flour and sugar. It´s a win win deal for me.
Now since we talked on the phone I´ve been asking around about guitars. As it turns out THE family that makes guitars, the Familía Sanabria, the same people that make guitars for my institute teacher, are really close to Pres. and Sister Bradley. I asked her about them and she told me that a member of the family lives and works in my area. The irony of it is that the Sanabria that lives in my area is the guy that I told you about, that makes guitars that´s the son of our Eternigator. He sold all the guitars that he made before but he´s making a new batch right now. They look GOOD.
Now for the interesting part. It started raining Saturday night at about 11:00 p.m. and it hasn´t stopped yet. So it was raining cats and dogs yesterday morning. Everything was wet, the roads were rivers. We went to church at about 2 minutes late and no one was there. After about a half hour the Branch President came and no one else did. We had an attendance of 3. It was really, REALLY sad. But what was neat was how sad President Lopez was. I always thought that he didn´t care much but it really hurt him that no one came.
Thank you guys so much for everything.
I love you so much.
Elder Frank Wills
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment