I´m so sorry about yesterday. Life got very interesting very quickly and we weren`t anywhere near a computer.
This is President Bradley`s last change with us so zone conference was going to be different. He did it with smaller groups and we had the conference at his house. The only problem with that was that because of his schedule, it was yesterday and because it was in Asunción we had to travel 4 hours in a bus both ways. And to make things fun we didn´t find out about this until Sunday at 9 p.m. and we had to leave Monday at 2 a.m. Again I´m sorry about yesterday´s letter.
Now about the conference, it was absolutely amazing. We went to a really nice restaurant for lunch, nice for here is Bob´s Diner, REALLY nice is Chile´s. The conference was a testimony meeting, we all gave our testimonies and then the Bradley´s said goodbye. I got up to bear my testimony, and I felt inadequate, just like I always do in front of the President. I bear my testimony and when I said that I knew that the church was true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet, that Thomas S. Monson was a prophet, I have NEVER felt the spirit that strong. I really knew that was the truth. If felt so strong. Afterwords, Sister Bradley came to talk to me. We´d never really talked before, mainly just because there´s 160 missionaries and I have never been bad or sick enough to get special attention. She told me that my testimony had grown so much since our first night and how much I had grown. She told me how proud she was of me, and how proud I´d made the Lord and my mother. One of the things that has happened lately is that I´ve gotten very self conscious on how I´ve been measuring up as a missionary and up until yesterday quite frankly I felt very worthless. I´ve been feeling like I couldn´t accomplish anything as a missionary. And yesterday was the answer to my prayers. Of course I bawled like a little baby but I´ve been rejuvenated ever since. The sad part about yesterday is that it was probably the last time I will see them here in the mission. They hugged us all goodbye and quite frankly I miss them already. It´ll be rough losing them but I´ll be ok. S
orry the letter´s short but I´ll talk more next week.
I love you all.
Elder Frank Wills
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment