Friday, June 26, 2009

Email 06/22/09

Happy Father´s Day, even if it is a bit late. Paraguay celebrates Father´s day on the third Sunday, but sadly the only way people celebrate it is by drinking, a lot. Everyone we saw yesterday that wasn´t an active member was COMPLETELY smashed. It was pretty sad actually.

President Callen comes in next Wednesday, July 1st. Basically as soon as his feet get off the plane he´s in charge and President Bradley is released. Pretty crazy.

Things have been wonderful with Elder Reed. It´s wonderful being in a companionship again. We cook together, we study together, we work together. And it´s been awesome. Even though he came to Paraguay with me, it´s like having a new missionary because he was stuck in the office for 5 months and he is SO excited to escape.

Investigators, right now it´s kinda rough. We´ve found some good people but almost NO ONE came to church. The one who came was William, our English friend. He came to church and he seems REALLY interested. As far as I can tell he feels his life has no purpose or direction and religion is the hope he needs. The sad bit it that he leaves tomorrow so we won´t be able to see him baptized. But I really do feel it will happen in the very near future.

Other than that we´re just keeping on pushing, a lot. The work is so wonderful.

Ok, I got to go..

I love you all so much.

Elder Frank Wills

No comments: