To start with, this is an amazing area but quite frankly are apartment here STINKS!!! Actually more like stunk. When I walked in the first time, I couldn´t see ANYTHING. We didn´t have a single working lightbulb. We didn´t have any gas or a working oven for that matter. Our shower head/water heater didn´t work so we had VERY cold showers. It´s funny how these things I figured were necessary to live were actually luxuries, like reverse. But we got that ALL fixed. It feels good.
One thing that is so crazy in our area is that we´ve found several blocks of PURE Brazilians. That means pure Portuguese. We rely on the gift of tongues, luck and the fact that they can understand us no problem. But it´s coming along. My Portuguese really is horrible but somehow I´m able to understand people.
Berna is progressing wonderfully. We had to push her baptism back one week because she had to go to her mom´s funeral yesterday. Worthy excuse. Right now she is in Mormon 8. She is a wonderful wonderful person that wants the best for her and her children.
The people here are so friendly and the members are so supportive. We get fed EVERY lunch through the week and most dinners. It´s a very nice change. We almost NEVER have to make our own food.
I found out this week that they way they divided up Paraguay into all the different departments was by soil type. When the type of soil changed they made a new department. Are department has this soil that becomes REALLY sticky when wet. Like slime. Kinda cool but also provides one heck of a workout when walking in the rain.
Elder Morales started his mission here in Hernandarius. He is a great guy and a hard worker. He is still learning but it´s so wonderful to have a fun companion again.
I have not met President Callen yet but this week he´s going to visit all the missionaries at our own apartments, do inspections and interviews. We´ll get to see how he is then. I´m excited.
This is one of the bigger zones. There are 10 companionships, 3 districts. No sisters though. They don´t come out of Asunción anymore.
I got Brother Carr´s letter. Thank him for me.
I love you guys so much.
Elder Frank Wills
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Elder Frank,
Tis your Aunt Tricia here. I haven't been on the blog for a while, so I'll take time after this to read the older posts. It sounds like you got things cleaned up and fixed up so you can feel comfortable in your new area. We'll be anxious to hear about your new mission president. It also sounds like this could be a very fruitful area.
Uncle Jay looks constantly at the mission needs for couples. We want to be ready to serve by January 1.
We missed you at the reunion. It was such a fun time getting to see everyone. Katie and Howard are always so sweet. They are a great couple. We missed Marian and Mike, though.
Life is moving at an unreal speed. There is always so much to do, but we are grateful we have good health and are so far able to keep up.
Kristen, Maren, and their children invited me to go with them over to see Harvey Jay and Kimberly today. They are about 2 hours away in the mountains of New Mexico. They have a great view onto a meadow full of elk and cattle. The kids all had a good time together and we enjoyed getting to visit.
Trey is in Yellowstone with his in-laws. He says it is quite spectacular. That is a place I want to go someday.
We are all happy and well and hope the same for you as you give this valuable service. We're all helping to build the kingdom wherever we are. Trey and Jay are both Young Men's presidents, and Spencer is playing piano for the primary. Maren teaches in Young Women's and Kristen does the Activity Days for the 12 year olds. U. Jay and I are still working in the temple on Saturdays as well as our ward and stake callings. We love that.
Know that we love you and pray for your well-being and success.
Love,
Aunt Tricia
Post a Comment