Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Email 7/27/09

This was a very crazy week.
Sadly enough Hugo and Andres didn´t get baptized. Their dad was out of town and he really wants to be their so we moved the baptism for next Saturday. We´re really excited for it. Those kids are so wonderful.
Berna is absolutely amazing. She´s read every book we´ve gotten her and she participates in everything. She helped out with a quilting project that the Relief Society was doing and volunteered to clean the chapel one day. And to top it off she´s been showering her kids with all the pamphlets and books we´ve given her and her oldest daughter Leidyd (no that´s not a typo) will get baptized the 22nd. I´m so excited for them.
One very weird thing that happened is that we´ve been teaching a girl named Liz. Her brother got baptized a week before I got here and she was really excited to repent and get baptized. Last week we went to take her to church and no one was home. We came back the next day and her big sister said her and the brother escaped in the night and no one knows where they are. We don´t believe the sister but we know she´s not in town. I hope they are okay. Definitely very strange.
That is so cool about Justin going on his mission. I´m so excited for him.
I got a letter this week from Sister Miller´s primary class. It was pretty sweet.
The piano has been going great. I´ve been teaching on Wednesday nights, that´s the Ward Night. I´ve got three students, all are adults, and they´re learning really fast. One of my students, Arnaldo, comes over on P-days and teaches me the guitar. I haven´t bought one yet. I´m trying to get a hold of the people in Asunción that do the guitars. So Arnaldo lends me one of his. It´s been really wonderful.
I haven´t had an interview yet with President. They say it will be this week. One thing that worried me a little bit is that I got a call the other day from the AP´s. Word has gotten out about my language skills because Hugo and Andress only speak Portuguese and Berna´s kids only speak Guaraní. So when the district leader came for the interviews he got to see that I could speak to them. The AP´s asked me how comfortable I feel with Portuguese and Guaraní and how I learned them. I got worried and asked why they called me. They said it was because there is a city in our mission that is about 97% German and that President Callen wants to open up that area. I guess we´ll see what happens in the interviews.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills

No comments: