Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Email 12/21/09

Elder Ariste is 19 and he and his family were baptized about a 1 1/2 ago. He is a really good guy but he didn´t get taught the ways of the mission too well. So we´re just starting from scratch. He sooooo badly wants to teach and so badly wants to baptize the world but he wasn´t taught how to do that, so that´s what him and I are working on.
For only having 4 days in this area, it was pretty crazy. We had a baptism/wedding Saturday. When I got here on Wednesday I found out about it. NOTHING had been done yet to prepare for it. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So we ran around all Thursday and Friday finding a judge, witnesses, getting copies of driver´s licence´s and the like and getting the investigators ready. This was Elder Ariste´s first baptism so he was really excited.
Sunday went good. We had about 80 people in church and everyone said it was a slow Sunday. It´s a branch only because we live in a District and not a Stake. This is the first area I´ve been in where there are ward missionaries and that they are organized as in visit our new converts. It´s amazing because as soon as we baptize someone the branch comes together and starts visiting them. I love it. I did get asked to give a 15 minute talk in Sacrament Meeting but I´m SO used to that that it doesn´t bother me anymore.
I´m so excited to talk to you guys on Christmas.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills

No comments: