It was so AWESOME to talk to you guys for Christmas. The last two times it was really exciting but I don´t remember getting this excited like I did this year. I ran the last 10 blocks to get the chapel. I was SOOOOOO excited. It´s really neat to hear about what you guys did for Christmas. It´s funny because it doesn´t make me homesick just excited to be there for next Christmas.It´s funny that this year felt a WHOLE more like Christmas, maybe it was because my companion was sing the First Noel, over and over and over again. It is really fun living with 4 Elders.
The rest of the week went really good. Really wet though. I don´t remember this much rain last year. We swim a lot.
One thing that´s different about this area is that the people that we´re teaching are REALLY conscious of their friends and family. I don´t remember people being like this in my other areas. When someone wanted to get baptized they did it. Here 3 of the families that we´re teaching want to get baptized but are afraid of their parents rejecting them. I understand it but it´s a little new for me. I guess it means that we just got roll up our sleeves a bit.
We did not have a baptism this week. This is the first for me in 4 months. It just means that we have to buckle down for next week. I´m not going to have two of those in a row.
In our branch there are a lot of returned missionaries and one of them brought a “friend” to church these last two weeks. Her name is Samatha. She seems like gold but every time that I try to teach her she cries and runs off. Like a bad soap opera. It´s pretty funny.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment