Life´s been very good here. The rainy season has started. We´ve been absolutely drenched for the last couple of weeks. But it´s made it SOOOOO nice. It´s funny, when I came here I thought that I´d get tired of the rain. Not so. I love it.
This week we´ll have stake conference. Everybody get´s really excited for those things. I just love it when the Branch provides a bus so I don´t have to shell out bus fair for our investigators. A bus trip around here usually 2000 guaranís (40 cents). But when you only have a 150 dollars a month it adds up.
I´m SOOOOO excited for Mark Rainey. I´ve been praying for him since I left. He was always my copilot back in high school and he´s a really good friend. Please send my love and congratulations to the family.
Alcide continues to progress. He and his daughter came to church yesterday. He was a little drunk when we showed up to his house before church and he was still filthy from the night before. He said that he was embarrassed to go like that and I told him that he needed to go anyways. He said that he´d bathe and that he´d come for the second hour (our church is backwards, sacrament meeting last). I didn´t really believe that but we had to go anyways. Our church starts at 8:00. At about 8:30 he showed up. I was so happy for him. He is reading the Book of Mormon so much. It´s making a difference for him.
I´m not teaching piano anymore. President asked us to concentrate on missionary efforts and not on service efforts. So I said sir yes sir and dropped my classes. The sad thing is that when I leave this area this will be my first area that I haven´t left pianists. But I know that this is what President Callan wants for the mission so I`m pretty happy for that.
It´s funny that you mentioned the Green Sauce from Rosa´s. We´ve made that, and just about anything else that we could from the Fat Sisters. Elder Reed has already promised to buy a couple of those books when he goes home. We´re true fat sister fans.
I love you all so much. I can´t wait to talk to you Sunday. Let me know if it´s all ok with the number. I´m going to check the email tomorrow.
Elder Frank Wills
It looks like there wasn´t so many problems with the Internet this time.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment