Friday, August 13, 2010

Email 08/09/10

This was an incredible week. Sadly most of our investigators all fell. Silvio started avoiding us, Carlos´s wife doesn´t have a testimony of the church so she isn´t helping her kids at all. Normally that would seem pretty bleak. But Yessica is my ray of sunshine. She gets baptized this Saturday. Her testimony is SOOO powerful. She knows that the Book of Mormon is true and she wants to share that with her whole family, her friends, everybody really. She is always just so happy and she seems to animate the whole ward. Everybody has agreed to come to the baptism and I think I´m going to be able to end the mission on a VERY high note.




The zone conference was amazing. Zone conferences usually have about 2 or 3 zones in it and at the end President gave a little bit of time for the "trunkies" as we´re called to give our last testimony. There was an amazing spirit there. I loved it. It´s a beautiful feeling knowing that you made a difference. There were a lot of REALLY good friends there that I couldn´t forget even if I wanted to. President Callan´s daughters were there for the conference. I felt a little bad for them because absolutely everything was in Spanish and they sat there for all of it. It think it´s cool that they can still see their family.



The way it will work next week is that Monday and Tuesday will be normal for me, I´ll work like normal. Wednesday I´ll go to the office and spend the night there. I will still write next week.



And the money is in the office. Elder Bowns always takes care of me. But I do my part. The last couple of months either he or Hermana Callan have been calling me for food questions like what is cornstarch in Spanish or what brand is best or does shortening exist in Paraguay or things like that. Well it turns out that Hermana Callan wanted to make an official Paraguay Asunción Mission cookbook. It has a lot of normal recipes like meatloaf, how to cook rice, stew, things like that plus Paraguayan food (the few that are worth eating) and they put it in Spanish and English. We all got them at Zone conference yesterday. President Callan told me that the majority of the mission will starve when I go home. I hope not :-)



I´m very excited to work this week. Please send my love to the family, the Raineys, the Broadbents, the Millers, the Holts, the Marxs, Maria, Sister Thompson, Vicki, the Carrs, Sister Jestes, everybody. I´m excited to sing hymns in English again. I´m excited to squeeze my nephews. I´m excited to make jokes and laugh...in English. I love you all so much.



Elder Frank Wills



See you all next week.

No comments: