The weather has improved a whole lot. The week started off rainy but it ended nice. It´s still fairly cold but I like it that way. It´s a shame that I can´t bring it home. Carlos and his family are still going good but they had to go back to Argentina for the week to get the rest of their stuff so we couldn´t teach them much.
One thing that Elder Nolet and I did this week is we worked out of our Area Book. The idea is that in every area there´s a big folder where you keep...like a journal of what we do here. And so anybody that you teach and whatever it is that you teach them should go in the book. We know that not everybody that we teach will get baptized but maybe someone else can baptize them later. So Elder Nolet and I were going through these entries and we found a LOT of good people.
We found a guy named Silvio in the Area Book that´s nothing short of amazing. He plays the drums in a band and he is REALLY smart. We gave him a Book of Mormon and gave him Enos to read. We saw him a couple of hours later and he told us that he had finished and asked if it was a hint to make him pray the whole day. It is SOOOOO hard to get people to read on their own here and it is so wonderful to find someone that does that.
We also found a great family called Familía Almada. They are amazing people but it seems that the old missionaries trained them wrong. They told us that they didn´t like it when the new missionaries used the Book of Mormon all the time and when they only wanted to spend like 30 or 40 minutes. So we were walking on egg shells for a little bit but I think we won them over.
That´s so cool to hear about the ward. We´re so blessed to have such a great ward with the members and leaders that live there. I´ve seen when things aren´t...run as they should be and how much that kills everybody.
One cool thing is that next week for p-day Elder Pitcher and I will go back to Itá to visit our people. He was in Itá before me and he goes home with me too. I´ll write next week but with the traveling it might just be "Hi, bye."
Thank you so much for the encouragement that you always send me. And I´m still working strong. I´m blessed to have a very driven companion and a very inspired president. And thank you so much for taking care of the missionaries in your wards. I´ve been blessed so much. Especially in my last area with the Espinolas. People like them make it seem that home is so close and that the family isn´t far away. Thank you so much for that.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment