Bishop Rainey is right. All of the Chileans say it gets pretty freezing down there. And it gets pretty cold here. It only gets to about 30 degrees or so but it´s so humid that it just goes right through you. I´ve been using that big overcoat of Howard´s. It´s been saving my buns, and that´s not a euphemism. The funny thing is how much all of the natives freeze. They HATE the cold. They just can´t take it. Everybody´s completely covered up.
We didn´t get any referrals but we did find some good people this week. We´ve been teaching a guy named Efrain. He´s 24, doesn´t have a job, lives at home and plays computer games for the few hours that he´s awake. The problem is that with his lack of drive it also means that he doesn´t keep any of the commitments like going to church. To make things even better, Saturday night he got SMASHED off his rocker and nothing would wake him up Sunday morning. His parents never seemed interested before but they always wanted us to come because they thought that some religion, regardless of the source, would make a good change in him. So far, no luck with that. But...Sunday afternoon we went by and the rest of the family was there and they seemed VERY interested. I guess that we teach everyone for a reason, even if that reason is to find somebody else. And we couldn´t talk to Mauro or his family this week. I hope we´ll find them soon though.
In our mission we have a delivery system. So through this we can send and receive letters from our converts. I´ve sent letters but I´ve almost never received any responses. Wednesday when we were walking around, I saw this really tall guy that looked familiar. It was my first convert, Eduardo. He´s even got tired. I was excited to seem him and he was just as excited. He´s still active and he´s preparing to go on a mission. He turns 19 in a couple of months. It made everything worth it. Just to see him and see that the light in his eyes is even brighter than when he was baptized. It so exciting.
We get lunch on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. The Familía Rolon feeds us on Thursdays and the Familía Coronel feeds us on Wednesdays and Saturdays. We usually only get about 15 people in church every week. But what´s funny about all of this is that I don´t feel discouraged. I know I wasn´t sent here to fail and that gives a whole lot of hope.
About 2 or 3 times a week I get a phone call from somebody in our zone asking how to cook something. It´s pretty funny because it´s usually something like hamburger or pasta or tacos, the things I always took for granted that everybody knew how to do.
Oh and I got Brother Carr´s letter. Thank him for me.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills
Friday, July 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Frank, you are working hard to the end. That's the way I want to be. You're right about not getting discouraged--the wards we went to today only had 50 in attendance, but I could see the potential for good things. They will miss having a resident Chef whom they can call for recipes and instructions. Well done!
Post a Comment