Monday, December 15, 2008

Email 12/15/08

We finally got a date!!!!!!!!!! And no not that kind of date. Ramón and Mabel will be baptized a week from today. We talked to the bishop and we´re going to have a big family home evening at the chappel and invite the ward and the baptism will be part of it. The Cuyos know it´s true and they´re ready
to be baptized. I´m so excited for this. The other really cool thing is that Eduardo and Jorge 3 came to church this week again and they will be baptized
on the 27th if we can keep teaching them. I´m not even like Batman right now, I´m just grinning for the whole world to see. The people we met last week are still progressing really well but none of them came to church. We´re trying with them and it coming. Slowly. Yesterday we did splits with the ward for the first time. I was a little scared at first. We did it with a 18 year old priest named William and Hno. Barrios, the second counselor in the bishopric. It went soooooooooo well. I went with Hno. Barrios and he really helped me, I wasn´t by myself teaching. It was really fun being with him. He´s a lot like dad. His business is that he´s a handyman/mechanic and he´s always fixing something. He´s just a real strong and steady member of the church and the work went great with him. Our ward Christmas party was actually really awesome. To start the primary did a Christmas pageant and it was REALLY good. Instead of someone reading the Christmas story and the rest acting it out, they had a couple of kids sing Picture a Christmas and the kids acted that out. And of course with the couple of kids who had no clue what was going on it was pretty fun. Then a couple of the older members did a couple of talents, Hno. Benitez is a lot like Brother Miller and used his wife´s cane to play the fiddle on his arm but the whole time it was his mouth making the noise and then Hno. Gucconi and Hno. Barrios had a sword fight with umbrellas. It´s a little different then ours but it was so fun. Then the food. SO good, a half of a rotissere chicken and a whole lot of rice. I liked it. We had to leave early but after the dinner they danced aaaaaaaaaaaaall night. The ward really is a family.

No comments: