Ok, I have some big news so nobody panic: I have chiken pox. No that´s not a typo or slang for food poisoning from chicken products. I have chicken pox. And yes I remember getting it the first time. Please don´t panic. I´m completely fine. Pockmarked and itchy but just fine. The problem with chicken pox is that I have to stay inside the house. ALL DAY. EVERY DAY. Not fun. But life continues.
We do splits with the members so Morales can go teach our investigators. We´ve been very blessed. Leydid is still progressing just wonderfully and we had 6 investigators in church and we didn´t even go. The priests came and brought us the Sacrament. I guess my time with Sister Smith is paying off. The branch has REALLY taken care of us. They go on splits, they bring lunch to us a couple days a week and the Branch President comes every couple of days to hang out. They really miss us.
And the mission has been taking really good care of us too. Sister Callan is amazing. She´s come and seen what I had, calls every day or two to see how we´re doing, she helps us out A LOT. And the Zone Leaders are wonderful. My zone leaders Lytle and Rucker are awesome. Lytle came with me and we started in the same zone and we´re really good friends so he felt personally obligated to help us. They´ve come and gone shopping for us so we could have I the food I wanted to cook and they´ve even givin me a few secretary jobs to keep me busy.
And I´m staying busy, the house is spotless, I´ve read the ENTIRE quad in Spanish and I´ve gotten some good practice on the guitar. And I´ve actually been studying GuaranĂ and Portuguese so I can read them a bit. Everything I´ve learned of those languages has been oral. Sister Callan said to tell you that I´ve been really good about using my time and staying positive.
The interview...was really awesome. President Callan is a very by the book guy and he expects that ALL the missionaries be by the book. He didn´t say one thing about opening a German area but after the interview the AP´s kept on saying Gutentag Herr Wills so we´ll see. We talked about the mission and where he wants us to go as a mission. He told me that he trusts me and that I´m going to help him with his goal.Life is really going good even though I´m on house arrest so PLEASE don´t worry.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Frank, We are of a special group. I too had chicken pox twice. Once when I was very young and then when I was a bit older than you.
I love to read your letters. You look wonderful and I love how you write so that I can picture everything.
Be awesome
Vicki Cleman
Post a Comment