This was a very good week. Elder Espinola is from Asunción. He´s 19. This is the first time he´s ever left Asunción and it´s kinda funny. He´s probably the only Paraguayan in existance that cannot speak Guaraní. Monday night we had a Family Home Evening with Berna and her family and they were making jokes in Guaraní like always. Berna left the room and he asked me what they said. We even study Guraní a bit so he can learn it. He´s a good worker and he wants to learn so we´re making it work. I don´t know when I´ll get a regular companion, it could be this week, I could have to wait until transfers in September.
Things are going really good here in Hernandarias. We found some really good investigators including, go figure, a German family. They were a reference from a member family and we went to visit them. They speak German and Portuguese so we could at least understand them a bit. It was really cool. I don´t think I´m going to be teaching them much in German but it was very ironic for me. The husband, go figure is named Hans Kaufman, is a wonderful, very contrite man. They told us that he wanted to change his life, stop drinking, and find reconciliation with Heavenly Father. I´m excited to work with them.
Berna´s daughter Leidyd is progressing so wonderfully. She´ll be baptized Saturday. I´m really excited.
Tomorrow we´ll have our first Zone Conference with President Callan and afterwords we´ll have interviews. I´m really excited.
Quite frankly I´m really excited for anything right now because I´m so happy to be out of the house. I was stuck inside for 3 weeks and it feels so good to be out in the open air again and working. All the scabs have healed up, you almost can´t tell I was leprous.
I think it´s pretty funny that mom and dad have just given talks because I gave one yesterday. I was sitting at the piano and President Corti announces that to celebrate my return to activity that I´d be giving a talk. It´s funny because now I´d give anything to have five minutes notice for a talk.
Please tell Sister Jestes that I got her letter and thank her for it.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment