Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Email 11/09/09

This week started off pretty crazy. Elder Blake got transferred. But the really funny thing is that he went to the area right next to mine. I´ve got a new companion. His name is Elder Evans. He´s from California. He started his mission in February. I guess President changed his mind because we did not get a new set of Elders here. Oh well, I guess we´ll just keep on keeping on. I´m a little sad that Elder Lytle got transferred. It was so nice to not have to worry about my leaders anymore.
I had a bit of a heart break this week with Familía Kaufman (the German Family) this week. The part of the family that was already members haven´t been coming to church for a couple of weeks. I try to found out what had happened with the dad, why they weren´t coming. I told them that they need to come to church and that they were missed. He got REALLY mad at me. He told me that he was not going to church and that I couldn´t make him go and that I just needed to leave. I would´ve been less sad if he´d just shot me instead. I was heartbroken. But it´s all a principle of agency. I can´t MAKE anyone choose the right even though I want to. Life continues. I guess I was hoping that I´d get another Familía Aguilar.
We had some wonderful miracles. We found TONS of people this week and TONS of people that were just waiting for us. It was amazing. We found this 20 year old single mother named Esther. She´s renting out a single room for her and her baby. We taught her about eternal families and she said that she´d do ANYTHING to be with her baby forever. She´s getting baptized in a few weeks.
This week´s baptism was this Brazilian girl named Daiane. She´s the one that was the 19 year old that acted 12. She´s grown up so much. It was amazing to see her in white in the water. I´m so scared that I only have months left in the mission because this is just so beautiful.
It´s been so amazing working here in Hernandarias. I love it so much. I really don´t think I´ve ever been this happy in my life. There is no doubt that this is the Lord´s work because he blesses me countless time every day.
Please thank Chad and Aunt Trisha for the letters. I´ll write him one for next week. I also got a package from Uncle Sherwood and their kids. It was very sweet
And as for the pepper, it´s the same pepper that they use for the red pepper to put on pizza. I don´t know the name. Here they call it ají.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills

No comments: