This was another amazing week. We´ve worked SOOOO hard.
When President called me this week he asked about our baptisms. I told him that we were being blessed to always baptize. He asked me who our baptism would be for this week and I told him that I didn´t have a clue who it would be but I knew we´d have someone for the week. It´s amazing how much the mission has changed me. I work my buns off and I know that the Lord will help us fulfill our mandate. There is no doubt. There is a wonderful woman in our ward named Veronica. She is amazing. She´s the woman who´s father died about a month ago. She is an amazing help to the work. She always gives us good referrals. The sad thing is that she has two teenaged daughters who are members but don´t like it too much. The oldest, Tatiana, has been dating a guy named Rodrigo for 2 years. Monday they announced that they were getting married on Thursday. Everyone was VERY shocked. Rodrigo is not a member and his parents are VERY against the church. Monday we had a family home evening at Veronica´s house and he was there. I mentioned for about 30 seconds about temple marriage. Apparently that was enough. Thursday after the wedding he asked us when he could get baptized. He got baptized Saturday. I was SOOOOO happy. Just like they told Elijah, "Surely your God is a God of miracles."
Sadly though the rest of our investigators aren´t doing so hot. Esther, the single mother we found won´t come to church or stop drinking. The Kaufman family won´t talk to me. It´s really sad to see because I love them so much. Jorge and Jauna are doing REALLY good but moving slow. He is a VERY strong member of his church and we´re just moving bit by bit.
Our attendance in Sacrament is about 60 every week. It stays pretty constant but the members rotate about every week. We´ve got about 100 or so fairly active members but for the life of me can´t get them all to come at the same time.
Things are going really good with Elder Evans. He´s a really good guy. I asked about Brother Evans and he says he doesn´t know. He hardly knows anything about his dad´s family.
I´m really excited for you guys for Thanksgiving. We won´t be doing much. President has asked us to refrain from missionary get togethers outside of P day. We´ll probably cook a meal like I did last time, chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy. It won´t be anything too fancy but I´m going to try and help him have a good first Thanksgiving here in the mission.
Thank Elder Carr for the letter.
I love you so much.
Elder Frank Wills
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment