We had a great week. And for the news, we found some people to teach! We found a man named Mauro. Way out in the dessert up north in Paraguay, there´s a city called Abundancia (Bountiful in English) and EVERYBODY there are members. Contractors from Asunción, but they gotta be members, are hired on occasion to build there. Mauro worked as a cook for one of these contractors. This contractor just happens to be part of the Familía Rolon that the stake president warned us about. Surprisingly enough they gave us the reference. We visited us and almost before we said hello he said that he wants to get baptized but he wants us to teach his family first so we can baptized the whole family together. Two words: SWEET!
I don´t know if you guys have heard anything about it but the World Cup in Soccer started two weeks ago. It has been crazy here. Sunday morning Paraguay played. We passed a 7th day Adventist church on the way to our´s and they were showing the game and were barbecuing for the after party. We had a VERY low attendance in our Sacrament Meeting. I guess we should have shown the game. :-)
Elder Swink and I have been working hard this week. It´s kinda interesting. He is the first companion that I´ve had that really didn´t want to be on a mission. It´s kinda like living with Klinger from M.A.S.H. but without the dresses. I feel sorry for him because the work is hard enough as it is, let alone if you don´t want to be here. Yesterday was his birthday so we made Sweet and Sour Pork and fried rice. It seemed to cheer him up a LOT.
Yes I am getting Aunt Tricia´s letters. They´re wonderful. I love them.
How and Katie: that is so exciting about the YW in your ward getting baptized. It´s so wonderful teaching youth the gospel. They are so receptive and so smart, they actually understand what we teach them. A lot of the YW aged girls that I´ve taught, and quite frankly people in whatever group, felt very nervous about starting a new life in the gospel and when the members of their organizations welcomed them it helped those feelings go away. And good luck with Girl´s camp.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment