So I got here to an...interesting area. It´s a fairly nice part of town. It´s got all the comforts, good supermarkets, fun little restaurants, things like that. But what we´re missing is members. Sunday we had 13 from our branch. 13! And that´s a high number! I was very surprised. We meet in the same building as another ward and the Stake President attends that ward. He asked for a council of war (and yes he called it that) with the bishopric of the other ward, our branch presidency and, of course, the missionaries. He told us that there were certain members of the two units that liked spreading apostacy and chasing people out and that it was our job (he was included too) to make sure that didn´t happen. He looked at me really hard and said, "President Callan told me that I should trust you. Was he lying?" "No sir" "Good Elder, that´s one less headache for me." The leaders here are amazing. The Stake President, President Sellas and the Branch President, President Coronel, just radiate confidence and spirituality. I´ve missed that from my leaders.
Elder Swink is a good guy. He´s a little portly but he´s pretty respectful of my food and so we´re doing great. Ever since President Callan got here I´ve been nothing short of blessed when it comes to my companions. I have nothing to complain with this one.
One downside to this area is that I´m starting dry. So I guess that means we can only go up. President Callan told me that he feels that this can be the most successfull time of my mission. I´m excited to work.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment