Thursday, January 28, 2010

Email 01/28/10

Last week was amazing!!!! We finally ended my three week dry spell. We had 2 amazing baptisms. Several weeks ago we were walking and this older woman calls out to us. She took us to her home and within a short amount of time she got baptized. Saturnina is a 65 year old widow that walks 2 HOURS to get to church and doesn´t ever miss. The other baptism was just as milacurous (I hope I spelled that right because I haven´t a clue). About a month ago a less active brother came up to us "Elders my girlfriend wants to get baptized and we want to get married. Will you help us" The response was a very loud yes. The wedding was so happy. Usually when we do a wedding for investigators it´s for a couple that have lived together for years and that just have to make it official. Their wedding was the kind that you want to see, two people starting their life together. I was so happy. Granted I was a nervous wreck until after the wedding because I was so scared it wouldn´t work out, but it did, and I´m very happy. The members came out of the woodwork on this one. They helped us out so much; they made the cakes, did the ordinances, helped teach, gave support, answered questions and tons came to the baptisms. I loved it.
The weather here is really hot and it rains ALL the time. We´ve had 3 storms this week and today is Thursday. It´s pretty incredible. My companion did get a transfer. Elder Ariste is gone. I loved being with him but I´m glad the change is over. My new companion is Elder Skinner. He´s from Idaho, Bear Lake right by Utah. I´m his first companion. I´m REALLY excited for this. Yesterday, President gave some training to the trainers. It was so powerful. He said that he received revelation on which trainee should be with which trainer and he KNEW that it is the Lord´s will that I should be with Elder Skinner. I still have goosebumps.
I love you all so much. Thank you so much for everything. It´s so wonderful that every week I KNOW that I´m going to hear from my family.
Elder Frank Wills

1 comment:

tricia said...

Elder Frank, do you read these comments?? I'm going on as if you do. I haven't gotten to read your mission letters for a while, so it's wonderful to see you're doing so well. You are a blessing to Paraguay.

Tomorrow is our first Sunday in our mission. We arrived last Monday and have been on the run ever since. We're serving in the Leeds Institute as the "Outreach couple". The missionaries will teach anyone between 18-30 yrs. of age in our building. They were very excited to teach a young girl from Shanghi. She spoke good english and wants to hear more about God, since she had no idea there was such a thing. I think we're going to love our work.
Take care and keep up the good work.

Love, Aunt Tricia