Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Email 02/01/10

This has been an amazing week, albeit the week was only 4 days, but I can handle that. The shirts fit great. I pulled out the first one for Sunday and everyone teased me that they couldn´t tell who was the new Elder. I asked why and they said I was because we both had white shirts.
Elder Skinner is an amazing missionary. He´s a good ole farmer. He raised cows and horses all his life. He knows how to work. He had an amazing MTC experience and he has an amazing desire to share the Book of Mormon. All he wants to do is work and so that´s what we do. He´s from a good Member family. He´s the only boy with 4 sisters. His Spanish is pretty good but we´re working on it. One thing that´s kinda funny is that I really don´t pay attention to how much Guaraní that I use. Most people speak about 70/30 mix of Guaraní and Spanish, Guaraní being the prevalent. So I speak to them how they speak to me. One day after a lesson he turned to me, "Elder Wills I have horrible Spanish. I can´t understand anything." "What do you mean?" "Everytime you talk I can´t understand a single word you say." "That´s because I was speaking in Guraní." "OK then. I guess I´m not that bad." He´s so humble and so teachable. I couldn´t ask for a better companion. He makes it so fun.
Sadly my computer was a piece of junk again. But before I go that is so exciting about Tristan. I hope everything is going well.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills

No comments: