Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Email 03/02/10

This was an amazing week. We found a couple of families that rocked our socks.


A recent convert named Jonnie took us to meet a cousin of his named Marcial and his family. He introduced us by saying that our job is to baptize families so they can go to the temple so they can be sealed. Normally I don´t do this but before we even taught anything I asked them if they wanted to be baptized so they could have an eternal family and suggested the 20th to be baptized. The wife looks at us and says "I really want that but is it ok if you guys only come after 5 to teach us? We work til then." "So is that a yes then?" "Of course it´s a yes!" Elder Skinner was pretty homesick at the start of that day but when we left that house he was SOOOOOO excited to work.

The temple trip today was AMAZING. Very spiritual. I got to see a LOT of old buddies from the mission.

Our P-day schedule is pretty low key. We get up and study, do internet, then go shopping. We buy all our fruits and veggies from the open market but meats and grains (bread, pasta, rice) and household products we buy from the supermarket. I buy TONS of fruit. Nothing in particular, just what´s in season. Vegetables here...kinda stink. Not much selection, usually just bell pepper, onions and tomatoes. We buy things seperate so we can still buy the stuff we want to munch on but for meals we split the ticket and cook together.

Next week is transfers which means I won´t write until Thursday.

I love you all so much!

Elder Frank Wills

No comments: