This was an amazing week. We had two baptisms this week. Two girls named Rocio and Lucy. They´re an interesting story. Right now I´m in a District, not a Stake. That means that the Mission President, President Callen is charge of the District. That also means that we get to help him out at times. Right at Christmas time President Callen asked us to visit a man that was excommunicated some time ago but that had moved to our area several months prior. We go out there, and it´s WAY out there, and we find that he´s living with a woman now. The plus of all this is that she had two daughters who were of baptism age, Rocio and Lucy. The bad thing is that because the guy, Jose, is already married, the woman he´s with now can´t get baptized until there´s a divorce or she moves out. Rocio and Lucy are amazing though. The weird part is for almost two straight months they seemed about as excited a cat being taken to the vet to be declawed. But thankfully we were able to get them to open up and that made this whole thing work. It was a very sweet baptism despite all of the drama that our Branch was causing all around us. Elder Skinner was VERY excited for his first baptism. I told him to get used to that feeling because he´s gonna have it, a LOT.
Raquel continues to be a blessing for us. I bought her a Preach My Gospel and she´s been studying it like crazy. Her kids are wonderful to have. They´re not exactly the best behaved but they´re the FRIENDLIEST little buggers and that makes it so that they can play with the other little kids. It saves SO much of a headache.
I can´t believe the pictures of the Ranger. That looks cold. It´s hard for me to imagine cold weather any more. Everyone tells me that when I get off I´m gonna ask for sweater or a jacket.
Next week Pday will be on Tuesday again. We´re going to the temple. I´m really excited for that.
I love you all so much.
Elder Frank Wills
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment