Monday, March 22, 2010

Email 03/22/10

This was a VERY good week but I do gotta say it was probably the hottest. We had two days of 100% humidity. I´ve never had that before. I was fried and poor Elder Burley had never had ANYTHING close to that. And the funny thing is that it was completely overcast. Sunscreen did nothing. I had to drink about 8 liters of water that day. I don´t know how that translates to gallons but it was A LOT. But the rest of the week went really good.


One thing I´m definitely learning in this area is how important the members are for the work. My problem up til now was in my other areas there members that helped but usually in depended on the missionaries. Here we can actually delegate responsibility. Saturday for the baptism we had a lot to do, fill up the font, clean up the chappel, bake the cake, visit our other investigators, and we were able to farm out most of the responsibilities. Our Ward Mission Leader (we FINALLY have one) is named Goyi. He´s amazing. We had the program all planned out, people to give talks and prayers, but of course some of the people we had asked weren´t there. Goyi didn´t even flinch. He acted as anyone would act, he asked other people to fill in. It was an amazing baptism. Elder Burley baptized him. He was so nervous. It went great. Ariel was SOOO happy. And yes that´s a common man´s name. And all the sweat shop people came. It was a VERY happy baptism. I used a cake recipe from the Fat Sisters´s book. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. It was amazing.

Life keep´s on moving on. Me friend Elder Lytle is an AP now and Elder Bowns is the secretary so I keep on having friends in high places. It makes life so nice. If nothing else just knowing about when Zone Conferences or interviews will be. I´m loving the mission so much. I´m kind of sad it´s ending. Elder Burley just reminded me that I have less than 5 months left. Scary. But I´m so excited to see you all again. And to drink a Coke.

I love you all so much.

Elder Frank Wills

1 comment:

tricia said...

Hi Elder Frank,
I haven't gotten to look at your blog for a while and enjoyed reading your last post. You might want to become a chef when you get home, it sounds like you've got it down now. I can't believe you only have five months left.

We went to a baptism Saturday of a young man who came into the Institute. The missionaries found him in the park. He was about to give up on ever finding friends. We visited about the Book of Mormon and I bore my testimony, then the missionaries came and took over. I wasn't sure what had happened to him and went to play the piano at a baptism and there he was in his white suit ready to be baptized.

I liked what you said about the members doing their parts in the new member process, it makes all the difference.

Keep up the good work & we'll do the same in our part of the vineyard.

Love,
Aunt Tricia